Friday, January 20, 2012

Chef Boyardee Mac & Cheese

This stuff is disgusting!

Under no circumstances should you ever buy this nastiness! Chef Boyardee  sure fell down on this one, I'm sad to say. This alleged Mac & Cheese isn't disgusting in the way only kids would like. No, it's just plain disgusting. My two- and four-year-olds wouldn't touch this abomination. 

I should have known. The picture on the can and the contents of the can have little in common. The "cheese" if you will is actually day-glo orange. I wish I were kidding. And the cheese is less like a sauce and more like a binding agent. Most canned pasta conveniently pours out of the can, but not this stuff.

Anyone familiar with Chef Boyardee will recognize the same noodles found in Beefaroni. I don't know what these poor noodles did wrong, but rather than swimming in savory-sweet beef and tomato sauce they have been condemned to be ensnared in the flavorless glue-like substance I just described.

But appearances can be deceiving. The real test is the taste test. I tried this out (only one can, fortunately) because I inherently trust Chef Boyardee to make a tasty product. Oops. This stuff is just gross. It doesn't taste like macaroni or like cheese. It doesn't really taste like anything. I'd say it was horribly bland, but bland doesn't make you want to spit something out. I'm sorry I can't do better than that, but there it is.

I'm guessing this stuff won't last long on store shelves, being as terrible as it is. But in the meantime, steer clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in, disagree, ask questions, or go off on a tangent. I try to get back to everyone, but be patient. The occasional expletive is understood, but try to keep the conversation polite. I prefer not to moderate comments, so don't give me any reason to.